CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

More Than Slightly Overwhelmed


Reality is slowly starting to set in on the HUGE job that I have ahead of me. I still don't regret my decision to buy the house. I'm thrilled with it and the potential it holds, I'm just blown-away by what I need to do and have no idea where to start... Cas, childhood friend, and I are going to try again to make a list (or two or three) of everything I need to do. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to list EVERYTHING, but at least I'll have something to cross off after I finish it. ;) I didn't get much accomplished today, but I'm chalking it up to the fact that it's Sunday and it's supposed to be a day of rest...


I went over this morning and picked up the tools and drinks
from the massive day of work yesterday. I also was able to sweep up the "kitchen" and rearrange the tools so we can once again find everything. I am surprised at how large, open and bright the room is now that the horrible peninsula oven thing is gone. I've attached some pictures of the work space. I attempted to continue to work on the coffee/white ceiling in the master and grabbed the mop out of the bucket of bleach water from yesterday. Note to self: bleach water causes the heads of scrubber mops to disintegrate. Two of the pictures show what the mop head should look like, and what it looks like after sitting all night. It's just as sticky and soft as it appears. Ugh. Chalk it up to things I now know...

I did discover that the vinegar based Windex gets smoke off the ceiling. Now I need to figure out how to get taller so I can spray the cei
ling and wipe it down without using a ladder and having to constantly move it.

Wish me luck tomorrow with the AC repair man and I'll keep you posted on how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!