CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Personality... In the Form of Wall Art?

While cruising one of my favorite inspiration sites, Ballard Designs, I discovered this picture.

I love the look of the different patterns and soft colors, but if you click on the picture, you'll see the price. $100! Ouch! (And that's the SALE price!?!?) Some people would give up and resign themselves to blank walls. Personally, I take this a challenge. How can I accomplish this for the least amount of money as possible?

I found the following frames and then my FABULOUS fabric at Hancock's for 40% off the price of $15 a yard. Now, for some of you that might seem a huge price per yard, but it's a huge deal in my book!! (Considering it's a silk-esk icy blue with chocolate brown velvet accents.)


Notice that the frames are an odd gold/platinum color, which really doesn't match the whole color scheme I've got going. Sooooooo, out comes the ORB (oil rubbed bronze) spray paint. After sanding, priming and painting the frames, I cut out rectangles of the fabric, backed it with polar fleece, and inserted it in the frame. 4 quick nails in the wall and I have wall art!!


The best part of the whole project? Each "art piece" only cost me $3.75. Not too shabby in my book, especially considering that at this moment, I'm perfectly content with them!! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!