CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Jumped on the Bandwagon

Yup, I did it. I've officially jumped on the latest bandwagon crazy of blogdom. Which craze is that you say? Ahh, the cheese dome turned cloche one!

Check out the House of Hepworth's Version

These things are all over the internet and easy to customize to match your decor. Mix an old cheese dome with a pretty candlestick, add some spray paint and glue and Voila! You have a perfect display unit for whatever room you want!

And the total price for your custom display unit? CHEAP!! My cheese dome was $2.99 and the candlestick was a whopping $.99, both found at Goodwill. I had the spray paint left over from my lamps, so that was incidental. After using E-6000 to attach the candlestick, I primed the unit with spray primer and then add my new favorite color spray paint. (celery by Krylon) After letting it dry thoroughly, I replaced the glass top and then there it sat on my coffee table. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but where in the world was I going to put it? Hmmmm... After moving it around several places, I found the perfect spot on my buffet/dresser that sits in my living room. Here it is decorated for Christmas. Not too shabby for under $5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!