CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Cleaning up the light

My latest efforts/energies have been concentrated on my craft room/office. I love to craft and have a severe addiction to purchasing craft items. (Don't worry, I've curbed my addiction until I use up some of my stash.) The main problem becomes when I try to organize these items. The storage I had was good, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't organized right. The switch of a bookcase, along with some kitchen containers gave me a TON more working surface and easy access to items. The big issue I'm having now is trouble storing my Cricut carts. I've cruised blogdom, but still can't find the exact storage idea that I love. I'm sure it's out there, but...

Anyway, here are some before and after pics of my crafting area. It's not the most interesting/creative work I've done, but I'm thrilled with it!!

Office Before



Office After

If you look closely, you'll notice that I have a lamp to provide extra task lighting. This lamp didn't always look this way. It was pretty boring and didn't really match my tastes. (It was a freebie borrowed/stolen from my brother's room. Hey, he moved out and left it behind!!!) Anyway, here it is in it's before state. Pretty boring eh?


After a spray with my favorite Krylon color Celery and a bit of cricut-ing, my lamp fits in much, much better!


I couldn't find an exact color paper I wanted for my flowers, so I spray painted one of the pages celery and painted the other sheet with the wall color. After hitting them with Glimmer Mist and adding some ribbon accents, I had the perfect flower for my lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!