CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Closing the Case

((on the title:  You can tell how tired I am based on the title of my blog post.  Currently I'm mentally dead, (no comments about that being all the time, people) so, hence the random title that only partially has to do with the actual post.))

I don't know about you, but where I live, it's hot 99% of the time and by hot, I mean 95 degrees or higher, sweatin' weather.  Because of this, I tend to go through a lot of clothes.  Lots of dirty clothes = Lots of laundry.  Lots of laundry means annoyingly loud washer and dryer clanging.  The simple thing would be to shut the laundry room door and poof, the clanging stops.  Only one hiccup, the laundry room door is now the pantry door.  Oops.  


So, now all I need is a 6 panel door that matches the rest of the doors in my house.  Hmmmm, good thing when I opened up the wall between the kitchen and the living room I kept the pocket door that we removed.  So, off to Home Depot, yup, they're starting to recognize me, and purchased a pocket door frame.  Who knew they made specific frames for pocket doors???  The things I'm learning.  After removing the old studs and building a "stud addition,"  the framing of the door went relatively smooth.  



If my house ever is hit by a torpedo, etc, heaven forbid, this door frame will still be standing tall.  It has enough Liquid Nail on it to keep the whole house glued together.  

 
Now, if I can just get the old new door refinished, we can hang it and close off all of the noise & mess of the laundry room, AND I can check one more thing off this never ending list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!