CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A place to rest

When sitting on my couch, your eyes are immediately drawn to the built-in shelves flanking the television. After I spent the hours refinishing them, priming them, and painting them, I placed a bunch of collectibles, books, antiques and new, and pictures up on them. While each seperate shelf looked okay in my book, altogether they looked busy and crowded. The visual weight was unbalanced and while not screamingly obvious, it nagged at me.


After much begging of one of my closest friends and a bribe of supper (which she didn't accept!) a very successful hour was spent rearranging and reweighting my shelves. Now when I sit down to watch TV, there are other places for your eye to rest and the entire room feels more balanced. SOOOOOO much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!