CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Clear View

This post has been a long time coming, both in the actual amount of work and in the length of time it's taken me to post about them. Sorry folks, but life has this way of getting in the way. Anyway, I've digressed, I know, big surprise right? Back to the real point of this post, a clear view... When I originally purchased my house, the living room had two pocket doors leading to the hallway and kitchen/dining area. This didn't go with my idea of an open floor plan, so I knocked a small hole in the wall, small being a relative term.

After removing the pocket door and its mechanisms, my contractor framed out the opening to the farthest studs possible, based on the electrical and built-ins. Sorry for the poor pic, but you can get the general size idea.

After months of work and waiting, drywall, face boards, trim and painting with a tiny, tiny brush, we ended up with this:


Please notice the careful paint application near the built-ins. This was so NOT my contribution. I tend to be more the type to cut in the cut in's cut in, if you follow that. My painting skills leave a LOT to be desired. I volunteered my paint clothes to demo the Behr's paint colors for our local Home Depot. It amazes me that some people are able to paint without becoming covered from head to toe. How????

I must say that it makes all the difference in my living room. Having the opening finished gives a sense of closure to the room. Weird since there are still a ton of things that need to be done in there. Maybe it's because if you don't live here, the to-do for the room is no longer obvious. Yay!!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!