CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 23, 2012

Missing in Action

Several of you have noticed my blog hiatus and commented on it.  Here's the thing, I don't multi-task so well and when I working on my house I find it very difficult to also blog about my house.  Add to that the holidays and my real job and blogging falls to the wayside.  It happens.  But the good news is that I'm back and I have tons of material to share.  2 of the things I've accomplished were already mentioned in the Winters in Texas post and the Orange Explosion posts.

I jumped rather randomly to my front door redo because I couldn't really work anywhere else in the house.  We'll get to why in a few posts, but I'm excited about it! 

Way back when you and I had last spoken, I was telling you about the last pieces of the electrical work for the kitchen.  Once the kitchen was finally finished, as far as electrical wiring, it was time for the next step.  DRYWALL...

In case you've never attempted drywall, here's a little secret.  It's no fun.  none.  It's dusty dirty work that kills a manicure in nothing flat.  (I don't ever get manicures or paint my fingernails anyway, but it's the point, people, the point!!)  First chore?  Scamming Asking your brother to help you haul drywall across town! 

Once that was done, I scooted out of work on time (!) and headed home to set a record drywalling an entire kitchen with my ever faithful help.  Thanks a TON Dad & Sara.

In one evening, we were able to turn my kitchen from dark and studly (pun intended!) to this!!





This is a HUGE step in the right direction.  It makes a kitchen, my kitchen, start to look like a real room.  After living with a hot plate on a dryer for 2 years, the first signs of a room are a big deal. 

Once all the drywall was up, the next little step was sanding, and sanding, and sanding the mud.  This caused a rarely seen climatic event called Remodeler's Snow. 


Unfortunately, this messy stuff is most likely the only snow I'll see this year...  The good/bad news about this is that it NEVER GOES AWAY!  No matter how many times I dust and clean, there is always another surface covered in drywall dust.  Oh well.

After the dust was cleaned up or at least moved to another room, I put up a coat of paint on the walls and was left with this.  love it!!



I'll explain the arrows next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!