CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Bit Flakey

After perusing blogland, I came upon this fabulous creation. I love the simplicity of it. RACKS & Mooby did a great job. As a Christmas accent it's really cute and simple, but I wanted something that would last longer than just December.


Besides, around here we RARELY get to see any of the white stuff. Just doesn't happen. (We have had some, but never more than 1/2 inch so we only experience the romance of snow, not the mess.) Even if I have to frame it on my walls, I want to see snow.

Off to Michael's I went. I too hit their sale stuff and picked up plenty of foam snowflakes of various shapes, sizes and glitter! (Love me some glitter...) I decided I wanted to put my flakes up in the same place I put my Halloween "decorations."

After getting more of the same blue shimmer paper I laid out my flakes dry fitting them before breaking out the glue. (A big thanks to Zach for helping Sissi with this project! I had snowflakes everywhere!)

Because my foam was going to be behind glass, I didn't worry too much with foam glue. Instead I used my trusty Scotch Quick Dry. I use this stuff for all of my scrapbooking and really recommend it. (Nope, not getting paid by anyone, just sayin'.)

After getting everything set just so, I repeated my design 4 times. Hey, I was tired and didn't feel like being original each time. Sometimes, there is no need to reinvent the wheel and that's okay! I love the final look.


What's really funny, is that when I put up the flakes, I flipped some of them upside down. Oops. While this goes against my anal tendencies, it really hasn't bothered me too much and I'm living with it just fine. Imagine!

Please admire the cleanliness of my living room. I promise you it was picked up specially for this picture and returned to "normal" shortly after it was snapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!