CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Guess who's getting a kitchen????

Okay, after a whirlwind July, which included 2 weeks in Colorado and one week in Florida, I'm now back home. I had a blast traveling, but am glad to be back home.

While I was in Florida, I lucky enough to meet Jennifer Kight, who is a friend of my aunt and uncle. She also happens to be a FABU kitchen designer.
Not long ago Casey & I took measurements of my kitchen. Those along with a letter describing what I wanted and what my dreams were winged their way over the internet to her computer. While I was in Florida, I got to meet the kitchen genius and see how her thoughts became my kitchen. It was incredible! She was able to put onto paper what I've seen in my head all along. This is what she came up with!







Since all of these fabulous improvements are going to be on a cash basis, you'll have to wait to enjoy the real thing, but I've milked 3 weeks off of the pictures alone!!

While I've been dreaming, Marc & Sara have been working toward securing the shed as easily and cheaply as possible given the current temp around here. It's been over 100 for 4 days! Yikes!
As soon as the shed is cleared and ready we're going to move the tools and supplies out there and call in the crew for drywalling! That is going to make a huge improvement on the overall look of the room. From there I want to put the dining room wall in first so I can use all of the storage it provides to gain more space in the rest of the house. I promise I'll send pictures of my "storage room" and current kitchen soon. That way you too can enjoy the process.

On a side note, my home internet is due to connect today. Yup, that's right, I've been surviving without internet since I moved in last December. For those of you who know me, you'll know what a huge sacrifice this was. I would like to put out a big thank you to all of those who have let me borrow their connection. I would also like to thank VJ & M4 for playing at McDonald's so sweetly so Sissi could get her fix! I am super excited about it and can't wait to post from my own house! It's the little things right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!