CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Making My List & Oops...






This weekend was extremely productive.  Crazy, but productive.  Friday night Cas and Can came over and helped me get color on the walls in the master bedroom.  I must say it looks fabulous!  Three of the walls are Brown Tepee, a cafe latte color and the accent wall is Roasted Nuts, a chocolate syrup color.  It will all be accented in Heavy Cream colored trim.  Contrary to their claims, Can and Ca are incredible painters and great workers!  Dad came by after he got off work on Friday and continued his quest to retro-fit the bathtub with a shower.  As simple as it sounds, the job has evolved into replacing all reach-able pipes in a really tiny hole under the tub, through the hamper.  We ended the evening with giving another set of neighbors, the Cavasar's a tour of the house after a quick trip to Lowe's & Sonic for supper.  (Thanks for the gift card Aunt Jud & Uncle Bri.  It was a huge help in keeping my wonderful volunteers happy!)

Saturday dawned bright and early with some dummy's idea to set up a window estimate appointment at 9.  (Yeah, the dummy was me.  What was I thinking??  9 am??)  Ray from Home Depot came and expounded greatly on the benefits of Home Depot's double hung, vinyl, energy efficient windows.  After he came, David from ClearChoice Windows came and expounded on his.  Basically I couldn't see much difference between the two, except for the lifetime warranty at Home Depot is truly a lifetime, while the one at ClearChoice is only 50 years.  Have a slight bone to pick with ClearChoice, a lifetime doesn't have a preset limit last I checked.  During the middle of the fun with windows, Dav and Jes, apparently wonderful gluttons for punishment, showed up again to help.  (Wow!  Is this what decorating a wedding gets you?  I'm thrilled!)  Jes went to work on priming the back bedroom and the office.  She even did the ceiling!  That earns extra bonus points in my book.  While she and I continued painting and getting the bathroom ready for wallboard, Dav and Dad attacked, literally, the back and side yards.  See the attached pictures to tell the difference in the before and the after.  The vine tree picture is showing a tree that is COVERED in some kind of vines, choking the life out of the tree.  (G'ma & Sar don't read the next part.)  Dave used the bucket of the borrowed bobcat, thanks Brandon, to life Dad up so he could attach a chain to the vine.  Dad was then lowered down to get out and Dave would use the chain to pull the vine out of the tree.  Some of the vines had a diameter of more than 4 inches. 

(At this point, I stopped typing to attend a gradebook training meeting that lasted an hour or so.  By the time I left it was after 5 and I was pooped.  I went home, got mom, checked on the house and picked up supper.  We then sat down to put together a puzzle, a serious weakness of mine.  I'm now in bed and about to fall sound asleep.  Stay tuned for the rest of the weekend, including the oops and more pictures!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!